Tuesday 25 September 2012

Eating Out at Raw Aura, Port Credit


A highlight of our Toronto holiday was our meal at Raw Aura in Port Credit, just down the road from where I was staying with my son, his lovely wife and my beautiful, sweet grandson. We don't have a raw food restaurant near where we live in Yorkshire. I think people prefer a more Northern Diet however Yorkshire born Alistair Brownlee did state that he thought his diet of puddings and pies helped him to win the Triathlon at the Olympic Games. Really! 

Raw Aura raw food restaurant is extremely popular even though it is situated out of the city.


There was a lovely selection of juices and smoothies.


 I decided to go with the Beet Me Up.





Gingery and fruity, it was refreshing and very delicious! We started with a bowl of spiced kale chips to share.  This is a picture I managed to take just before they were all consumed!



They were nothing like the ones I made.  Dehydrated with a "cheesey" sauce, they tasted amazing. I also noticed quite a number of packets when we were browsing the aisles at Planet Organic earlier in the week. The great selection and choice of raw foods in Canada greatly surpasses the tiny section in our local health food stores! It took a little time to choose a main course, I looked at the menu and wanted to try just about everything!



My husband and I finally decided to order the "Burstin' Burrito" (at the top) and the "Falafel Wrap" and have half each.




Neither disappointed! Though I preferred the burrito, marginally! My son chose the "Yellow Coconut Curry Noodles", I don't think I tried any of this but it looked wonderful and he really enjoyed it.



My daughter-in-law picked the "Pasta Bolognese" and I did sample this! Such a delicious dish! Next time we visit I'm definitely going to choose this exquisite combination of zucchini noodles, peppers, sun dried tomatoes and tomatoes, it was heavenly!



We all had dessert but I forgot to take pictures in my hurry to get stuck in!



They were out of truffles but I selected a wonderful Blueberry Cheesecake. And I smiled sweetly and persuaded the others to let me try a tiny bit of The Chocolate Banana Cake and the Chocolate Avocado Cake too. All incredibly mouthwatering. After the meal, we went for a lovely evening stroll around the harbour as the sun was setting.  A beautiful end to a wonderful day!



I highly recommend the restaurant and if you're in the area, why not look it up?