Tuesday 27 August 2013

The Versatile Blogger Award


A few weeks ago I stumbled across a wonderful new blog called Coconut and Berries. The tempting and tasty vegan recipes on this site are all created by Emma, a student in the UK! I felt both surprised and honoured when she recently nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award, thank you so much Emma, you made my day!

It's a very difficult task to select people to pass this award on to from all the amazing blogs I read . Who can I choose when everyone seems to be so versatile? In the end, I have decided to nominate some wonderful bloggers who I haven't selected for an award before and if you are nominated, this is how it works:

  • Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
  • Acknowledge the blogger on your blog and link back.
  • Share 7 random, interesting things about yourself.
  • Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
  • Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.

So now for seven random things you may not know about me...

  1. I have an enormous fear of flying but, despite this, I have managed to travel to Canada 3 times to see my son and his family.
  2. I was born with rhesus disease and had a complete blood transfusion straight after birth, we even have a photo of the actual blood donor somewhere since privacy was not deemed necessary back then.
  3. I used to hitch-hike to places when I was in my teens - such a daft thing to do and probably one of the reasons why I became quite an over protective mother.
  4. Years ago, I was very interested and fascinated by Tarot Cards, I still have the cards wrapped in silk but I haven't done a reading for some time.
  5. I once saw a ghost - yes it's true! I was in my early teens and visiting my Grandmother when I saw a figure walking up the stairs. I called out thinking it was my Aunt. It was dark and the figure stopped and seemed to turn to me but then continued up the staircase. I didn't think anything of it until I soon discovered that everyone was downstairs - no one had ventured out of the living room!
  6. I don't like wearing make-up. Having had a bad allergic reaction when I was in my teens, I rarely wear much more than a light foundation.
  7. I hate heels on shoes! I love them on others but not on me!

After much thought, here are the very lovely ladies and gentleman who I would like to nominate for the award :

Gabby of The Veggie Nook
Carrie from Carrie on Vegan